We are the UK’s premier provider of professional kitchen and refrigeration maintenance service.
We are in the process of changing our ERP system which will revolutionise the way our business operates so this is a great time to join us and have your input.
We are a small and friendly team of five- the funniest accountants you will ever meet!
We have a great atmosphere in the office, with a pool table in the staff room if you ever feel like you want to get your frustrations out. The management are all friendly and approachable and it feels more like a small family business than a division of a £100m group. We have fun but we also work hard to deliver great results for the company.
About the job:
The role is essential in helping us deliver our growth plan by providing accurate, timely and relevant information in order to help the management make the right decisions. You will be joining the business at a key stage therefore a confidence in your own ability, a proven history of driving improvements and excellent communication skills are essential to your success.
You will provide leadership, management and guidance to your team and look after all aspects of the company’s financial and accounting functions.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing comprehensive Management Accounts, including commentary and analysis
- Reporting results to the group via Oracle Hyperion
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations, making sure accounts are kept clean and tidy
- Monthly journals: accruals, prepayments, payroll, depreciation and provisions
- Reporting weekly turnover figures and monitoring ongoing financial performance against KPI’s
- Weekly aged debtors reporting and analysis. Making sure customers adhere to their credit terms
- Customer credit checks and approving credit limits
- Monthly cash flow reporting to the group
- Managing all aspects of financial reporting and revenue recognition, including deferred income
- Managing the overall financial planning process, including annual budgets and half yearly forecasts
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns and submitting to the group for consolidation
- Stock analysis and making sure sufficient provisions are kept in place
- Calculating warranty income and posting journals
- Preparing annual statutory accounts and liaising with the auditors
- Presenting monthly and quarterly financial information at company board meetings
- Reviewing financial procedures and recommending improvements
- Monthly recharges of intercompany expenses
- Reviewing and approving monthly payroll and posting payroll journals
- Authorising supplier payments
- Managing and training a team of 4 finance professionals
This is a great opportunity for a Finance Manager who wants to step up to the Financial Controller’s position. You will be managing the finance function for Serviceline but will have the support and guidance of the Group Finance Director if required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- The ideal candidate will be ACCA, CIMA, ACA qualified (part qualified will also be considered) and have some experience gained as a Financial Controller/Finance Manager.
- The holder will have good analytical skills driven by the effective use of Excel
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build good relationships
- SAGE 200 experience desirable but not essential
- Ability to cope well with the demands of the job
- Excellent eye for detail and organisational skills
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines
- Proactive and able to show initiative to constantly improve finance processes